The new built-in ART 864/A+ fridge freezer, part of the Fusion built-in collection, incorporates all Whirlpool’s core values. Previously under-rated, the refrigerator is now a star in its own right as more and more people become aware of the importance of healthy and fresh food, and look for an appliance that will keep their food as fresh as possible for as long as possible. The ‘A+’ energy rated ART 864/A+ fits the bill perfectly. Packed with cutting edge technology, it uses 25% less energy than an ‘A’ rated fridge.
The ART 864/A+ uses Whirlpool’s renowned 6th Sense® Fresh Control intelligent technology which controls the fridge’s performance. It controls the temperature and humidity to guarantee food freshness up to four times longer, minimising food waste. As well as keeping the temperature and the humidity perfect for long-term food preservation it also restores the fridge back to temperature, after door opening, five times faster than a conventional fridge without 6th Sense®.
The ART 864/A+ has a generous total net capacity of 263 litres, comprising of 198 litres for the fridge and 65 litres for the freezer. The interior has five safety glass shelves, four of which are adjustable, and there are four generous door balconies.
So many fridges are criticised for having poor lighting which is focused on one or two areas which can be obscured by stored items. The ART 864/A+ has LED ‘Firefly’ lighting, which is mounted on the front frame, eliminating unlit areas. The LED lighting is compact, lasts longer, generate less heat and is more energy efficient than conventional lighting.
Dalia Haddad, Whirlpool’s Product Marketing Manager for Built-in, says: “Whirlpool has thoroughly researched every appliance in the Fusion Line to ensure they are as user-friendly and efficient as possible using the latest advanced technology. The ART 864/A+ is a perfect example of the result of all this investment and offers consumers a highly functional, energy efficient appliance at a realistic price. No longer is the fridge the forgotten workhorse of the kitchen, but a beautiful thoroughbred at centre stage.”
Key features of the Whirlpool built-in ART 864/A+ Fridge Freezer:
- ‘A+’ rated for energy efficiency with auto defrost
- 6th Sense Fresh Control® intelligent technology which keeps food fresher for up to four times longer
- Four LED lights for excellent internal visibility and energy efficiency
- Digital display for feedback and control
- Five high quality safety glass shelves, four of which are adjustable
- Four door balconies including 2-litre bottle balcony
- Vacation mode which powers down the fridge to save energy while away or on holiday, leaving the freezer on
- Total net capacity of 198 litres.
- Three transparent freezer drawers
- Party function to cool beer and wine in just 30 minutes with no risk of freezing
- Dedicated fast freezing compartment
- Extra load setting which speeds cooling when adding a new load or placing a large load in the freezer to fast freeze
- Reversible doors for convenience and flexibility
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 1770 x 540 x 545 mm.
For more information on Whirlpool’s new ART 864/A+ fridge freezer with LED lighting or other appliances in the Fusion Line call your Regional Manager or Whirlpool UK on 0208 649 5000 or visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
Image caption: Whirlpool’s new ART 864/A+ fridge freezer, part of the Fusion Line of appliances which also includes ovens, hobs, hoods, microwave ovens, dishwashers as well as a steamer and warming drawer.
8th October 2010
About Whirlpool Europe:
With around 12,500 employees, a sales presence in over 30 European countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation has annual sales of approximately $17 billion, 67,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Centre is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the Web Site www.whirlpoolcorp.com.
For further information and images please contact:
Jacqueline or Janet
Tel: 01536 414555