Designed to provide flexible storage, preserve food freshness and be effortless to use, Whirlpool launches a brand new range of W Collection built-in fridge freezers. The new models boast convenient Total No Frost technology, as well as the lowest noise level on the market*, for a peaceful and stress-free home environment.
Benefitting from a 250 litre capacity in a 70/30 per cent split, the top-of-the-range W Collection built-in fridge freezer from Whirlpool (WHC18 T332 P UK) guarantees super quiet operation, at only 32 dB (A), thanks to the brand new Zen Inverter compressor. In addition, the new compressor reduces temperature fluctuations, ensuring optimal food preservation, while minimising energy consumption.
Providing the perfect conditions for storing fresh and frozen food, advanced Total No Frost technology circulates air in both the fridge and freezer compartments. The advanced ventilation system reduces the build-up of ice, and condensation, from forming in the fridge and eliminates the need to manually defrost the freezer. Intuitive 6TH SENSE® technology constantly monitors the internal temperature and, if needed after opening the door, restores the temperature to the ideal environment for optimal food preservation in both the fridge and freezer. What’s more, the Metal Multi Flow column directs chilled air evenly throughout the fridge for a consistently cool environment.
Built-in appliances offer consumers the luxury of concealing their appliance behind their preferred style of kitchen cabinetry. Designed for an invisible installation, which is perfect for modern, minimalist, handleless kitchens, the Whirlpool W Collection built-in fridge freezer (WHC18 T332 P UK) benefits from a push-to-open mechanism**.
Dedicated refrigeration compartments in the brand new built-in fridge freezer provide the optimal storage conditions for a variety of delicacies. The Fresh Box 0°C is the perfect environment for storing meat and fish, while the Fresh Box can be set at three different humidity levels, high, medium and low to provide the perfect environment for different types of fruits and vegetables, keeping them crisp and fresh for up to 15 days***. The integrated Fresh Pad, located on the surface of the crisper grid, reduces harmful bacteria on its surface by up to 99.9 per cent****.
In addition to the built-in fridge freezer benefitting from advanced food preservation technology, the brand new W Collection appliances, from Whirlpool, also boast a wealth of smart storage solutions to maximise the available space, while keeping the interior neat and tidy. The half-width fridge door balconies are moveable and adjustable, enabling users to effortlessly customise the interior of their fridge based on the contents, as well as easily access their bottles and jars. Furthermore, the two-in-one bottle holder can either be utilised to store drinks, or food, as bottles can be placed horizontally and held in place, while the rest of the shelf can accommodate other groceries.
Charmaine Warner, Brand Manager, Whirlpool, says: “At Whirlpool, we design our appliances to be stylish, intuitive and effortless to use, allowing consumers to make the most of their time, focusing on what really matters. We’ve introduced our brand new range of W Collection Total No Frost built-in fridge freezers to ensure food stays as fresh as the day it was purchased, the interior is customisable for flexible storage and it operates silently to help create a stress-free home environment.”
Key features and benefits of the brand new Whirlpool W Collection built-in fridge freezer (WHC18 T332 P UK):
- Built-in combination fridge freezer with a 70/30 per cent split
- Lowest noise level on the market1 operating at only 32 dB (A)
- New Zen Inverter compressor reduces temperature fluctuations and guarantees a super quiet operation, while minimising energy consumption
- Total No Frost technology circulates air in both fridge and freezer compartments, ensuring perfect conditions, eliminating condensation and the need to defrost the appliance
- 6TH SENSE® technology in both the fridge and freezer constantly monitors the internal temperature. If needed, 6TH SENSE® automatically restores the temperature for optimal food preservation
- Innovative push-to-open mechanism2 for an invisible installation
- Easy-to-use, intuitive touch control panel
- Lateral LED lighting for excellent visibility and to maximise energy efficiency
- Temperature alarm to warn of a temperature change to reduce food wastage
- Adjustable front feet and reversible doors for flexible installation
- Two year manufacturer’s warranty and 10 year parts guarantee
- ‘E’ energy rating
- Dimensions: H x W X D 1770 x 540 x 545 mm
- Metal Multi Flow column ensures refrigerated air is evenly dispersed within the cavity
- Fresh Box can easily be set to different levels of humidity depending on the type of food to be chilled, with integrated Fresh Pad, keeps fruit and vegetables crisp and fresh for up to 15 days3. Fresh Pad is treated with Microban SilverShield® technology, which reduces harmful bacteria on the surface of the compartment by up to 99.9 per cent4
- Dedicated Fresh Box 0°C for storing meat and fish
- Handy two-in-one bottle holder for storing bottles securely or can be utilised as an additional shelf
- Two adjustable glass shelves, two full-width door balconies and four adjustable half-width door balconies
- Fridge capacity: 182 litres
- Freezer capacity: 68 litres
- Three freezer drawers and an Easy Access tray, which sits neatly at the top of the freezer compartment for instant visibility of small, everyday items
For more information on the brand new Whirlpool W Collection built-in fridge freezers, please visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
Notes for editor:
* Refers to the bottom mount fridge freezer category. Test done comparing the competitors’ noise declaration, November 2020.
** Available on WHC18 T332 P UK only
*** Based on weight loss and visual quality, considering common fruits and
vegetables. Internal test procedure
**** Independently tested by IMSL (Industrial Microbiological Services Ltd, UK) using ISO 22196
- The brand new Whirlpool W Collection built-in fridge freezers boast advanced technologies and have been designed to help create a stress-free home environment
- Operating at only 32 dB (A), the top-of-the-range W Collection built-in fridge freezer from Whirlpool (WHC18 T332 P UK) benefits from a 250 litre capacity and flexible storage solutions
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6TH SENSE® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and Yummly. In 2020, the company reported approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com.
For further press information and images please contact:
Hannah at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
2nd September 2021
About jmm PR:
jmm PR is a PR, social media and influencer marketing agency that offers a range of bespoke and innovative marketing services that can make a real difference to your business.
With decades of experience and proven success in raising the profiles and awareness of brands and businesses, jmm PR has extensive public relations and commercial knowledge, which can effectively contribute to the growth of your business. In addition, services include writing press releases, proof reading and copy writing, plus campaign and event support, social media and influencer planning and marketing.
jmm PR offers solutions for businesses of all sizes, including PR packages designed to support SMEs in addition to annual press office management to complement marketing plans of larger organisations.