Whirlpool’s freestanding combi fridge freezer; the WBC3546 FCX, not only benefits from Whirlpool’s patented 6th Sense technology that uses sensors to adapt and control temperature rises, but also features new ‘Fresh Control’™ technology, which constantly controls the humidity of the fridge to keep food fresher for longer.
‘Fresh Control’™ operates by using active sensors that sense changes in temperature and humidity, and control and adapt accordingly, allowing an optimal environment to maintain food properties. As it maintains the water content of the food, it helps preserve vitamins, antioxidants and useful microelements so food looks, tastes and smells fresher for longer.
Whirlpool’s unique 6th Sense ® technology quickly restores the required temperature after the door is opened – thanks to its electronic sensors that constantly monitor the temperature so that it is able to respond quickly to any changes. This particular model can recover the temperature up to 10 times faster than a conventional appliance.
Air quality is further improved by the advanced anti-bacterial filter that helps purify circulating air, reducing bacteria, odours and the risk of cross-contamination between different foods. The fridge also has a special cooler compartment especially designed to store meat and fish for longer, while the freezer has innovative balconies in the door which are ideal for storing frozen pizza as it frees up space in the main storage drawers.
Dean McKelvie, Product Manager Freestanding at Whirlpool, said: “Today the consumer is looking to refresh and revive the home, with the kitchen at the heart. Spending more time in the kitchen, socialising and entertaining, we believe that the consumer is looking for appliances that are a long-term investment created through product innovation, quality and value.
“Whirlpool fridge freezers are full of thoughtful design features to make storing food easier and more convenient, maximising available space and providing dedicated humidity zones. We are committed to creating innovative ways to extend food preservation, increased energy efficiency and elegant design that will complement and enhance every home and lifestyle.”
Key benefits of the ‘Fresh Control’™ fridge freezer – WBC3546 FCX
- ‘A’ rated for energy and efficiency.
- Elegant stainless steel finish that gives a trendy modern appearance.
- Intuitive LCD controls which are easily programmable to provide the best temperature and provide information about current storage conditions.
- Whirlpool’s patented 6th Sense technology uses sensors to adapt and control temperature rises.
- The special humidity control ensures that food stays as fresh as the day it was purchased for up to four times longer, which means less food waste.
- Special Cool compartment with air outlets to keep the temperature and humidity at a lower level for storing perishables like meat and fish so they keep fresher for longer.
- Anti-bacterial filter that helps to purify circulating air, reducing bacteria, odours and the risk of cross-contamination between different foods.
- The ‘Fresh Control’™ circulates chilled air around the storage areas, reducing humidity to prevent the formation of ice, thereby eliminating the need for defrosting.
- Pizza balconies in the freezer door are ideal for storing frozen pizza.
- A Max Space freezer drawer is ideal for big items or food containers of different shapes and sizes.
- The Black Out Alert feature automatically checks the temperature when the electricity is restored after a power cut and will raise an alert if it has risen above freezing.
- H x W x D: 1895 x 595mm x 665mm.
For more information on Whirlpool’s appliances call your Area Sales Manager or Whirlpool UK on 0208 649 5000 or visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk for full specification.
Image caption: Whirlpool’s ‘Fresh Control’ ™ fridge freezer has an ‘A’ rated performance and boasts a new technology that constantly controls the humidity of the fridge for better conservation of fresh food. It also benefits from Whirlpool’s unique 6th Sense ® technology, which senses, adapts and controls temperature rises and restores the correct levels up to 10 times faster than a conventional fridge.
8th February 2010
With around 12,500 employees, a sales presence in over 30 European countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation has annual sales of approximately $19 billion, 70,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centres around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Centre is located in Comerio (VA) Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the website www.whirlpoolcorp.com