Whirlpool’s new American-style side-by-side fridge freezers are ideal for big families and entertaining. The premium 20cu ft model, WSC5555 A+X, with unique 6th Sense ® technology, not only offers a large capacity, but is among the most energy efficient cooling appliances on the market, boasting an A+ energy rating, making it both economical and environmentally friendly.
Whirlpool’s WSC5555 A+X benefits from the company’s patented 6th Sense® technology, and uses intelligent sensors inside the storage area to constantly monitor the temperature and respond quickly to any changes; restoring optimum conditions up to five times faster than a conventional refrigerator. The Total No Frost feature circulates chilled air around the storage areas, reducing condensation and moisture to prevent the formation of ice, for a totally frost-free fridge and freezer.
Fresh filtered water is available on tap through the newly designed ice and water dispenser which is free of water impurities thanks to the built-in filter. With this superb feature there is also no longer any need to buy bottled water from the supermarket, which not only saves money but also does away with the hassle of recycling plastic bottles. In addition its rotating water nozzle makes for easy dispensing so is perfect for joggers or gym fanatics as they can fill their sports bottles with fresh filtered water.
The ice maker is fitted into the door, creating 20% extra storage space in the freezer, and dispenses crushed or cube ice. The removable container can be used as an ice bucket so ice can be served directly at the table, and is excellent way of providing cold drinks for al fresco dining or barbeques during the summer months.
Dean McKelvie, Product Managing Freestanding at Whirlpool, said: “Whirlpool’s new side-by -side fridge freezer is engineered with innovative smart technology to maintain optimal food storage, with maximum energy efficiency.
“Both the fridge and freezer offer a large capacity ideal for big families, particularly now that staying in is the new going out and there is more of a need for stocking up on those essentials! The thoughtful design features make storing food easier and for longer, and more convenient to help with the practicalities of everyday life, but also have brilliant functions, such as the ice maker which is great for those who like to entertain frequently!”
Key benefits of the WSC5555 A+X, 20 cu ft ‘Side-by-Side’ American-style fridge freezer –
- A+ rated making it among the most energy efficient on the market.
- LED display, which is easily programmable to provide the best temperature and information about the best storage conditions.
- Anti-fingerprint stainless steel finish provides a touch of quality and keeps the surface flawless – even in the busiest of kitchens.
- Whirlpool’s patented 6th Sense ® technology uses sensors to adapt and control and maintain temperature and storage conditions perfectly
- Total No Frost feature circulates chilled air to prevent the formation of ice.
- Multi-flow system blows chilled air evenly throughout the fridge to ensure perfect storage conditions throughout.
- EasyFill rotating water nozzle for easy dispensing and filling of bottles and jugs.
- Built-in water filter to ensure ice and water is always fresh and pure-tasting.
- In door fruit compartment for easy access and convenient storage of fruit and vegetables
- Dairy compartment for storing products like butter to preserve it better and prevent mixing and absorption of odours
- Glass shelves retain spills and prevent them from running onto food stored below.
- Anti-bacterial filter helps to purify circulating air, reducing bacteria odours and the risk of cross-contamination between different foods.
- The Vacation Mode cleverly powers down the fridge whilst on holiday and keeps the temperature at around 12ºC to prevent the build up of mould and odours.
- Electronic sensors quickly restore the required temperature five times faster after the door is opened to maintain optimum conditions for excellent food storage and preservation.
- In-door cubed and crushed ice maker has a removable container, which is great for entertaining and saves 20% freezer space.
- ‘Black Out Alert’ automatically checks the temperature when the electricity is restored after a power cut and will raise an alert if it has risen above freezing.
- Transparent storage baskets to identify products easily.
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 1772 x 911 x 743mm.
For more information on Whirlpool’s appliances call your Regional Business Manager or Whirlpool UK on 0208 649 5000 or visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk for full specification.
Image caption: Whirlpool’s Premium 20 cu ft side-by-side American-style fridge freezer has an A+ rated energy performance, patented 6th Sense ® technology and offers a large capacity making it ideal for families and entertaining.
1st March 2010
With around 12,500 employees, a sales presence in over 30 European countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation has annual sales of approximately $19 billion, 70,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centres around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Centre is located in Comerio (VA) Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the web site www.whirlpoolcorp.com
For further information and images please contact: JM Marketing, Jacqueline or Sarah, Tel: 01536 414555 Email: Jacqueline@jmmarketingservices.co.uk Email: Sarah@jmmarketingservices.co.uk