The winner of the annual ‘Oldest Fridge’ competition, organised by the Association of Manufacturers of Domestic Appliances (AMDEA¹), chose to replace his 56-year old fridge with a state-of-the-art Whirlpool fridge freezer.
Mr. Edmund Garrod of High Wycombe, the winner of the recent Time to Change² www.t2c.org.uk UK’s oldest fridge competition, selected the top-quality, European built and Italian designed, A+ energy efficient, Whirlpool fridge freezer, the WBC 3546 A+ NFCW.
Mr. Garrod’s 56-year old refrigerator was originally his mother’s, who chose it over a television, as it would be more beneficial and stop the milk going sour. To replace his ageing refrigerator he selected the latest Whirlpool fridge freezer with A+ energy rating with the company’s unique 6th Sense Fresh control that maintains the temperature and the humidity to keep produce up to four times longer. It also ensures that after door opening the temperature recovery is ten times faster than a conventional fridge freezer.
Mr. Garrod said on delivery of his new Whirlpool fridge freezer to his home: “This is a fabulous prize and I am looking forward to the huge difference it will make. It was silly to hold onto the old model when a new one is much more effective and environmentally friendly, and will save me a considerable sum of money every year.”
Mr. Garrod’s new Whirlpool WBC3546 A+ NFCW fridge freezer with 6th Sense® Fresh Control technology will benefit him with:
- ‘A+’ energy rated for efficiency
- Intuitive LCD controls which are easily programmable to provide the best temperature with feedback and information about current storage conditions
- Patented 6th Sense® Fresh Control™ technology that monitors, adapts and controls the temperature and humidity to conserve food quality, taste and nutritional value for up to four times longer³
- Any detection of temperature change e.g. opening the door, the temperature is restored up to ten times faster than a conventional fridge, so food keeps better for longer
- Special Cool compartment with air outlets to keep the temperature and humidity at a lower level for storing and preserving perishables like meat and fish for longer.
- Anti-bacterial filter with Microban® that helps to purify circulating air, reducing bacteria, odours and the risk of cross-contamination between different foods
- Frost free convenience, eliminating defrosting
- Pizza balconies in the freezer door are ideal for storing frozen pizza
- Max Space freezer drawer – ideal for big items or food containers of different shapes and sizes
- H x W x D: 1895 x 595mm x 665mm
For more information on Whirlpool’s refrigeration or other appliances call your Regional Business Manager or Whirlpool on 0208 649 5000 or visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk for full specification.
Image caption: Edmund Garrod, winner of Britain’s oldest working fridge competition receiving his new Whirlpool’s 6th Sense® Fresh Control ™ fridge freezer, WBC3546 A+ NFCW, with ‘A+’ rated energy performance from Ray Isted of Whirlpool UK and Chairman of AMDEA’s Commercial Committee.
17th August 2010
- AMDEA is the UK trade association for the manufacturers of large and small domestic appliances; representing over 80% of the domestic appliance industry. Members are all manufacturers, importers or distributors of household appliances
- Time to Change www.t2c.org.uk/ is the UK segment of a pan-European programme, organised by the European Committee of Domestic Equipment Manufacturers (CECED), to encourage the replacement of 188 million old (10 years and older), energy-hungry, large domestic appliances still in use across Europe.
- When compared to a Whirlpool refrigerator with Total No Frost
With around 12,500 employees, a sales presence in over 30 European countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation has annual sales of approximately $19 billion, 70,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centres around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Centre is located in Comerio (VA) Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the website www.whirlpoolcorp.com
For further information and images please contact:
Jacqueline or Sarah
Tel: 01536 414555