Whirlpool has come up with an intelligent answer for saving money and energy with the launch of two new ground-breaking dishwashers that use just six litres of water. The excellent resource saving is down to exceptional engineering and results driven by the company’s 6TH SENSE® PowerClean® technology.
We’re all looking for better deals as we scrimp and save to meet our outgoings and save on our utility bills. We want the best and the most fashionable kitchen appliances, but we don’t want them to send our bills soaring.
The freestanding ADPL 7470 IX and its built-in sister, the ADG 8900, are both ‘A++AA’ rated machines with a generous 13 place settings and eight programmes, with a flexible interior to cope with all dishwashing eventualities.
The low water consumption is achieved by saving the water from the final rinse in a dedicated tank, where it is stored and recycled for use at the beginning of the next programme. Should the dishwasher not be used for any length of time, such as when you are on holiday, the water is automatically drained after three days to prevent bacteria formation.
Whirlpool’s 6TH SENSE® PowerClean® technology automatically senses the level of soiling on the dishes and adjusts the programme accordingly. It also means that it will wash as economically as possible with the benefit of up to 50 per cent savings on energy, water and time. In addition this programme has PowerClean® which is activated automatically (although maybe deactivated if required), and eliminates the need for any pre-washing or scrubbing of burnt on bits, as this is taken care of without using any extra water. Due to exceptional engineering the PowerClean® system creates space for an extra ten plates in the lower basket.
Other programmes include Fragile, Rapid, Eco, Daily, Silent or Intensive (depending on model) and Steam. The Steam Clean option includes a dedicated steam programme for heavily soiled crockery, pots and pans. Soaking or pre-treatment by hand is no longer needed. Options are also available for use with various programmes and these include PowerClean®, Antibacterial rinse, delayed start and Multizone.
Whirlpool’s handy Multizone option enables you to choose whether you wish to wash just the upper basket stacked with cups, mugs and cereal bowls, after breakfast, for example. Or you may choose to set the appliance to wash the lower basket only, for pots, pans and casserole dishes; or you may wish to choose to wash both baskets. Multizone offers you the choice according to your daily need and lifestyle.
The flexible and adjustable racking system is another treat and includes a cutlery basket that can be placed on the upper rack; useful if you choose Multizone and to wash the upper basket only. The upper rack can also be removed to accommodate bulky items in the lower rack.
Juliana Sado, Senior Brand Marketing Manager for Whirlpool says: “At Whirlpool, our research and development team is constantly looking at different ways to make life easier by incorporating the best technology and design into our kitchen appliances. The saving of water and energy have now become crucially important issues and our new dishwashers are about as frugal as you can get, while adhering to our commitment of bringing stylish and fashionable appliances that really stand out in the kitchen.”
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool ADPL 7470 freestanding dishwasher and built in sister ADG 8900:
- Best in class low water consumption of just six litres. Water is saved from the final rinse in a dedicated tank, where it is stored and recycled for use at the beginning of the next programme
- 6TH SENSE® PowerClean® technology automatically senses the level of soiling and adjusts the programme accordingly. It benefits of up to 50 per cent savings on energy, water and time
- 6TH SENSE® PowerClean® programme where PowerClean® is activated automatically (although maybe deactivated if required) eliminates the need for pre-washing or scrubbing of the burnt on bits, as this is taken care of without using any extra water.
- Due to exceptional engineering the PowerClean® system creates space for an extra ten plates in the lower basket
- A++AA’ energy rating for washing and drying performance
- Generous 13 place setting capacity for crockery, glassware, pots and pans
- Eight programmes include 6th Sense PowerClean; Pre-Wash for crockery to be washed later; Fragile (40°C) for glasses and cups; Rapid (45°C) for lightly soiled crockery with no dried-on food; Eco (50°C) and Daily (60°C) for normally soiled crockery; Intensive (65°C) freestanding model/Silent for built in model and Steam for heavily soiled crockery, pots and pans without the need for soaking or pre-treatment by hand
- Multizone selection that enables you to choose which baskets to wash – upper, lower or both
- Anti-bacterial rinse option can be used with a selection of programmes and automatically activates at the end of each wash cycle to guarantee the maximum reduction of bacteria
- Flexible and adjustable racking system enabling the cutlery basket to be placed in the upper rack. The upper rack may also be removed to accommodate bulky items in the lower rack
- Wash Time Display indicates the cycle duration and remaining time
- Tablet setting allows you to optimise the cycle performance according to the type of detergent used
- Low noise level of 42 dB(A) for both freestanding and built-in models
- Delayed start option for washing up at a convenient time or to make use of lower energy tariffs where available
- LED display for salt and rinse aid
- Freestanding ADPL 7470 H x W x D: 850 x 597 x 590 mm
- Built in ADG 8900 H x W x D: 820 x 597 x 555 mm
For more information on the Whirlpool range visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
Image caption: Whirlpool has launched two new ground-breaking dishwashers that use just six litres of water. The freestanding ADPL 7470 IX and its built-in sister, the ADG 8900, are both ‘A++AA’ rated machines with a generous 13 place settings, eight programmes and 6TH SENSE® PowerClean® technology with flexible Multizone options too.
About Whirlpool Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA):
With around 10,400 employees, a sales presence in over 30 countries in Europe, Middle East and Africa and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool EMEA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation had annual sales in 2012 of $18.1 billion, 68,000 employees, and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Center is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the Web Site www.whirlpoolcorp.com/
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline at JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555
4th June 2014